Friday, February 13, 2009

Blog Reissue Time! Extracts from my 07/12/2006 post, " YVIP' 06!!! "

I LOVE YVIP!!! For e benefit of some of my frens who doesn't noe wat YVIP is, it stands for Youth Volunteer Involvement Programme...it is a 4day/3 night camp which introduces teens to e realm of volunteering thru fun games and meaningful discussions...I was a participant in 2000 and I've found lotsa really worthy and great frens from YV...all sharing with me e passion for volunteering...and now even though I'm so old liao(one of the committee members guessed me to be 27!!! Thkz Wan Ling mei mei! >_<), I'm really glad to see that YV's flame has never gone off and in all these new people, I could see e inspirations and changes tt they have and will continue to bring about in influencing more teens to embrace e volunteering spirit!!!

As usual, I'm too lazy to write abt all e details in YV camp but I shall touch on some of e more memorable things tt happened =p I was a participant in 2000, a team facilitator in 2001, commitee member in 2002 and vice-chairman in 2003...and I've been in countless debriefs/discussions but as usual, YV nv fails to surprise me...hehe...on e nite of day1, for our last debrief, almost everybody cried!!! Ok, for e whole of my YV life, I've had my fair share of tears and joys but I've nv seen so MANY ppl cry at a same time in a single debrief!!! OMG!!! I used up all e tissues in my pouch and obviously it wasn't enuff! Lol...and yes, Kok wei/Ming xuan(logistics) will definitely haf to prepare more tissues for afterglow man!

Thank you everyone for giving me another memorable and touching experience! Hope u all dun mind my occasional nagging/lecturing...hehe...I've always believed in YV and e influence it has on people...让我们一起加油!!! All e best for e attachment guys!!! Our journey is far from over!!! We shall all emerge from dis experience a better, more passionate and committed volunteer!!!

Oh yah...xueping and I were playing 对联 and we came up with one...hehe...like 中秋节 lidat =p anyway, she came up with e 上联 and I had to 接 the 下联...dis was wat we came up with...

缘如雾,雾如景, 景如花似玉
爱似雨, 雨似泪, 泪似有若无

Nice? haha...ok I noe I vv cheena but oh well, wat can I do? lol...and yes guys!!! our new vison for YV shall be to get even Bangalas to do Our Song!!! Yay!!! =)

No comments: