Friday, June 13, 2008

Mooooo...车水!!!
















We walked to Balestier Road during lunch to eat & Ben intro Tengz & me to dis really old traditional 豆沙饼 shop...Ben actually treated us to the 豆沙饼 b4 last week but I din noe tt it was from a 老招牌店! e shop is really vintage...u can see the ppl kneading e dough, baking the pastry right at e back...it looks juz like a scene from an old hong kong movie...& the 豆沙饼 is damn nice! super crispy! I couldn't resist it & bought 10 home! Hehe...
=p


After work since BFG nt meeting tonite, I din wanna go home so early so I walked to e bus stop & juz took e first bus tt came along...lol...I boarded 162 & b4 I noe it...was on my way to bugis
=)
Asked 塞塞 to meet but she's lazy...haha...but in e end I oso nv go bugis, I stopped at Far East Plaza to check out 'Falcon Hangar'...a toy shop there...bit disappointed with e shop as it din nt really haf a huge transformers collection...all e binaltechs were sold out...Starscream Masterpiece MP-03 going for $210...too exp for me...


Well, after tt I decided to go to chinatown & took 190...went to the newly renovated food centre there...OMG! It is damn nice & huge now! Super lots of different hawker food! All cheap too! I wanted to see if the really nice old Chee Cheong Fun stall is still ard...I only saw a stall selling similar types of Chee Cheong Fun but I had my doubts...as e auntie selling is not e same auntie tt I knew..hmm...I concluded tt it is a 'fake' stall...so I nv patronise it! Hehe...ate a Nonya 宗 instead...din get to eat one during 端午节...making up for it now...lol...










Beautiful Orchids along the overhead bridge...





See e big space on the pic tt u see above? I rem tt there used to be a lot of those mobile kiddy rides for children to play...when I was really small, i rem sitting on those & riding ard e place...long, long, long ago...
I juz realised tt the new signboard for people's park actually changes colour! HAHA! Nice rite? Even though its only a really simple thing...but in e midst of old chinatown, 我觉得它替四周的环境, 增添了一种摩登的感觉...


我真的好喜欢,好喜欢牛车水。。。多么希望它能永远保持它独特的面貌。。。但是我知道。。。as time passes, things change, people change。。。虽然人与事物会一直改变。。。但我相信我们对它们的回忆。。。却是永恒的。。。

I will be back!!! Wait for me Chinatown!!!
(^^,)

No comments: